Pistol Skills II
Pistol Skills II is the second part of our foundational pistol training series. It is explicitly designed to continue your handgun training development and further reinforce the fundamentals. Pistol Skills II is an excellent follow-up to a Pistol Skills I session.
You will leave knowing you can safely and efficiently draw from an outside the waistband (OWB) holster and shoot while moving. We use movement as noise. Can you continue to control the fundamentals of marksmanship while the sights are now bouncing around and disturbed? It isn't an exploration of how to move effectively - that's saved for Pistol Skills III. Finally, we add more nuance to the grip to refine control over the pistol and ultimately increase our efficiency on target.
Vision will be a central focus as facing movements are introduced and shot strings increase to stress grip fundamentals. Shot speed will be discussed in the context of defensive pistol marksmanship at the speed of your vision. All that said, the shot process is still at the core of everything we will talk about.
This 180-minute block is offered in a 1-on-1 format or a small group setting.
Topics covered in Pistol Skills II include:
- Firearms Safety
- More effective grip of a pistol
- Efficient drawstroke
- Efficient and fast pistol reloads
- Vision and Aiming
- Turning and shooting
- Loading, Unloading, Reloading
- Clearing Malfunctions
- Awareness and why it matters
- Visual acuity and marksmanship
- Semi-Automatic Pistol
- Belt with a strong side holster and at least two pouch
- Two pistol magazines minimum
- Ballistic eye protection
- Hearing protection (electronic preferably)
- 200 rounds of ammunition
- Fluids for hydration
- Pistol and magazines are available for rent. Email firstname.lastname@example.org after registering.
- Eye and Ear protection are provided.